Monday, July 31, 2006

Interesting electronic developments

In a not-so-surprising recent development, people are now apparently PROPOSING on newspaper Web sites.

You've got to be kidding me, right? Take a look. This poor sap, with the "I took my own photo by placing my new digital camera on the bookshelf and ran into the kitchen" professional-type photo, lays his pride on the line with this little tidbit. Perhaps worse, the woman he's proposing to allegedly works at the newspaper.

This Web site, one of my Newspaper's "competitors" is known for its trashy blogs, questionable "news" stories and other senseless drivel.

Their reporters commonly pick fights with readers, and you can count on their reporters posting at least 8 pet stories a week.

It's hardly news.

But this staggering Web proposal takes the cake.

I hope she says "NO." Crash and burn, baby.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Sara said...

What? On a newspaper's blog? And Biggboo? Where do I begin?

Agreed, it might not be the proper forum (especially considering that dozens of people commented on it, essentially degrading what I think is such a personal moment). I mean, what's next?

That said, I can't agree that I hope she says no or that it crashes and burns. That's harsh - although, he did open it up for outside opinion by making a public proposal on a blog.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Frosty said...

Turns out, she said 'NO.'

AWESOME DRAMA, Terrible Newspaper.

It's taking US Weekly and People magazine to new levels.

I feel a bit guilty for pumping up their Website action, but for something this ridiculous, I think it deserves some attention.

Newspaper... Blech.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home